Allergic Reaction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gearing Up

Go down

Gearing Up Empty Gearing Up

Post by Jekelekelek Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:41 pm

So I am clearly not geared for raiding. I took a break from WoW after cata hit, and I fell underneath the gear curve. The fix is to run heroics for better gear, and to farm JPs so after 4.2 I can jump into T11 gear.

However, my gear isn't where it needs to be to heal at a level where I won't be kicked from randoms, which forces me to deal with the long DPS queue times. Even then, people demand perfection, which is difficult when I have run a particular instance zero or one times.

The other (better) option is to run heroics in a guild group, but thus far I have noticed two things. First, when I ask, nobody is interested. Second, the rare times I hear anyone else ask, I see the same (lack of) response.

Is anyone interested in forming a small team to gear up together? I am not asking for the best-geared players to run some of us through heroics in easymode. I'll put in the time and repair cost with a group equivalent to where our better geared players were months ago. I am not afraid of work, and I think it is fun to wipe on a boss and eventually bring it together and succeed. I don't want success handed to me on a platter, it is far more enjoyable to earn it.

I am just getting frustrated at a lack of advancement. If I can't raid now, how will this change when my gear is frozen in time and the 10 raiders keep improving? I'll never catch up to the bleeding edge, which is where I want to be. This is a multiplayer game. No matter how much effort I put in, this is a TEAM effort. I am just not seeing anyone interested in working together, unless maybe it is with the troll heroics which are also above my gear level. That's why I am generally playing alts, because lately the only advancement I've seen is watching character levels go up to 85.

Jekelekelek

Back to top Go down

Gearing Up Empty Re: Gearing Up

Post by Jekelekelek Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:12 pm

If you haven't noticed, I put an event on the guild calendar for some guild chain heroics. From some one on one discussions I have had outside of guild chat, I think there is some interest in that layer of content between leveling and raiding (aka heroics), and I am going to do my part not only to help improve my own character, but everyone else's as well.

I know Dythok mentioned putting together a second raid group, and I think this is a good goal if done correctly. Right now I am going to try to focus on gearing up additional people and seeing what the interest is in working toward that goal.

Jekelekelek

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum